Allow users to create trips or expenses from any record detail page.
The SalesTrip application has these for Account, Contact, Case, Campaign and Opportunity out-of-the-box.
NB: In order to use these on your Custom Objects you must first configure the Business Purpose Universal Lookup.
You can drag and drop actions from the palette to the page layout. In the example below we will try to add buttons to case object.
- Select the cog in upper right corner to go to Setup.
- From Setup, click the Object Manager tab. Select Cases, and open the Case Page Layouts setup page.
- Select the page layout that you want to add the action to, and click Edit.
- Add quick actions to the case page layout.
- Click Mobile & Lightning Actions.
- Hover over to select New Expense button (p.ex case.salestrip_NewExpense).
- Drop the buttons in order you would like them to appear on screen, for example, after Post and File, but before the New Event button. This is helpful for users as Trips and Expenses are commonly used and should be easy to find.
- After adding the New Expense and New Trip buttons, Save.
Review your work: Return to SalesTrip Home Page, select Campaigns tab, and open a Campaign. In the top Right corner of Campaign screen your New Trips and New Expenses buttons should display.
[Repeat for all the required objects & page layouts.]
Need more information? Please refer to Salesforce documentation.