Before you start, identify your policy for approvals. What gets approved? Who approves it?
SalesTrip recommend you complete configuration in a sandbox and carry out thorough testing before migrating to production.
Create the Approval Process:
Access Salesforce Setup -> Approval Processes
Select the Expense Object
Configure the approval process as per your requirements.
Ensure that the following field updates are configured:
- Final Approval sets Expense Status to "Pending Reimbursement"
- Final Rejection sets Expense Status to "Rejected" (Attention Required)
- Recall (if allowed) sets Expense Status to "Draft"
Resources to learn more about Approvals:
Ensure the Expense is Submitted for Approval:
SalesTrip includes a process builder named "Expense" which when activated will:
- Submit an expense to an approval process when it has status "Pending Approval" (this is automatically set when a user submits an expense).
- Present Draft Expenses in the "What's On" feed
You can use this as a template to configure your own logic.
Disable Automatic Approvals:
Navigate to Setup -> Custom Settings -> Expense Approval.
Deactivate the global setting, or configure the hierarchy to retain auto approval for certain users.