The Trip Request approval feature allows SalesTrip users to request a travel budget from their manager before being able to book travel through the system. SalesTrip ensures that the user does not book travel (flights or trains) or accommodation through the system in excess of the approved budget.
When there is not a sufficient approved spend amount, users are unable to book flights (or hotels or trains).
Once sufficient funds have been approved, booking is available:
Steps to enable this functionality:
- Go to Setup -> Custom Settings -> Trip Approval -> Manage -> Edit, and check "Trip Request Approval"
- Edit the Lightning Record Page for Trip. You'll probably want to add the following components:
- SalesTrip's "Trip Destination" component, which gives the user a Google location search to select a destination, and captures rich data like latitude and longitude, country code etc.
- The standard Record Detail component so that the Trip Page Layout configured below is displayed.
- The Related List component for Approval History
- Save the Lightning Record Page and Activate as appropriate. You may need to override the packaged Page activation.
- Edit the Trip Page Layout. Add fields which your user needs to record data in order that a manager can approve the trip request. These might be fields from the SalesTrip package such as "Requested Flight Spend", "Requested Accommodation Spend" etc, "Start Date" and "End Date" or custom information you need. Also add the "Submit for Approval" button.
- Configure an Approval Process for the Trip object, and set the process up as per your business requirements. Ensure that on approval, the Trip record is unlocked, and the appropriate fields for approved spend are populated. The ones which control bookings in SalesTrip are "Approved Flight Spend", "Approved Accommodation Spend" and "Approved Train Spend". Depending on your requirements you might want to populate these with the requested amounts, or (e.g.) add a bit of headroom in case prices have changed.