This step must be done by a Salesforce administrator.
There are sometimes you would want to use a default value for Business Purpose when creating an Expense or booking a Trip. You can follow the steps below to configure this. Once this is done, when you create a new expense (or trip), the business purpose will get auto selected
- Create a new record to hold your generic business purpose. In this example I will create a new Account record called "Acme General Purpose". Please note you can also create a record in a custom object.
- Once this is done, copy the record id of the Account from the url bar. In the example below my value is "0014K000006OwfsQAC"
- Goto Setup --> And search for "Custom Settings" in the Quick Find search box on the left hand side (see image below
- Click on "Custom Settings" and then click on the button "Manage" next to "SalesTrip Preferences" as shown below
- In the next screen, click on the "Edit" button to modify this record
- Paste the record id you copied in step #2 into the "Default Business Purpose" field
- This should default the business purpose to the created record when a new expense is created.
PS: You can always override this value when creating the expense record.