Expense created using Account, Opportunity (as Business Purpose) and Contact(as Attendees) roll up to Account based on the allocation.
Step 01: Navigate to the “Salestrip Homepage” and Click on the “Account ” tab.
- Click the New button to create a new account or use the existing account(e.g. Test Account)
- Click on the Test Account and Create a new Contact or new Opportunity or use the existing Contacts and Opportunities (e.g.Contact 1, Contact 2, Test Opportunity)
Step 02: The user should be able to view the SalesTrip Expense Totals Component on the right side of the corner.
My Forecast Spending: It will sum up the reimbursement amount when the Expense with the Draft is associated with the account.
- Select the business purpose Test Account with the transaction amount $100 and click Save.
Click on Test Account and the user can able to see the roll-up amount on both the My Forecast Spending and All Forecast Spending as $100.
Roll up will happen on the My Forecast Spending and All Forecast Spending:
All Forecast Spending: It will sum up the reimbursement amount from Contacts and Opportunities that are related to the Account associated with draft expenses.
- Select the Business purpose as Test Opportunity and Attendees as Contact 1, Contact 2 with transaction amount of $100
Test Opportunity and Contact 1, Contact 2 is related to the Test Account.
Roll up will happen on All Forecast Spending:
Roll up will happen for Test Opportunity - $100
Rollup up will happen for Contact 1, Contact 2 - 100/2 = 50. Each contact will be allocated by $50
My Spending: It will roll up only when the expenses related to the account when the status once changed from the draft.
All Spending: The amount is calculated and displayed only when the expense with contacts and opportunities that are related to the Account status once changed from the draft.
Step 03: Click on the Expense tab and click New.
**Note** - To add multiple business purposes. ensure that Multi Allocation is enabled in the custom setting. (SalesTrip Preferences>Multi Allocation Enabled: Y)
Step 04: Select the Expense type as Business Meal
- Choose the preferred Account and Opportunity by typing in the business purpose search box(e.g. Test Account and Test Opportunity)
- Choose the Preferred Contact by typing in the Attendees search box(Contact 1, Contact 2)
- Enter the Transaction Amount (e.g. $100)
- Click Save as Draft.
Step 05: Initially expense in draft status so that roll up will happen on My Forecast Spending and All Forecast Spending.
Step 06: Once After the expense status is changed from draft, Roll up will happen on My Spending and All spending.