Step 1: Navigate to the Salestrip Home page using the App Launcher.
Step 2: Click on the Opportunity tab
Step 3: Create an Opportunity
- Create a new Opportunity with the Stage name based on their needs on the Opportunity tab. (e.g. SalesTrip Labs - Prospecting).
Note: Users can also use the existing Opportunity to create an Expense.
Step 4: Create an Expense
- Create a new Expense with the Business Purpose as ‘SalesTrip Labs’ Opportunity, Purchase Date as Current Date and fill the required fields and Save it.
Step 5: Field Updating
- Once saved, It will update the Opportunity Stage field with the current Opportunity Stage based on the purchase Date in an Expense.
- For Example: In this Expense, the Purchase Date is Current Date , it will update the latest Stage Name on the Expense.
- If an User, trying to change the Purchase Date and Business Purpose, it updates the Stage Name based on the opportunity stage history created date and if there is no Stage Name on the Specific date, then it will update as null.
- If on the particular Purchase date there is no Opportunity Created and it doesn’t meet the conditions then Opportunity Stage becomes blank/empty.
- If there is no match with the Condition (Opportunity History’s Created Date < = Expense’s Purchase Date), Opportunity Stage is updated as blank/empty.
- Create an Expense with two or more Opportunity Business Purposes. It will update the Opportunity Stage based on the 1st entered Opportunity.
Step 6: Opportunity updated [ Now your opportunity stage moves to ‘Qualification’]
- Go to the Opportunities tab.
- Choose the existing Opportunity that you want to change.(E.g. SalesTrip Labs).
- Click the Edit button.
- Change the Opportunity Stage. (E.g. Prospecting to Qualification).
Step 7: Create New Expense - Now create a new Expense using the same Opportunity
- Once saved, here you can see the Opportunity stage updated as ‘Qualification’.
- Previous Expense Opportunity Stage won’t change unless edit the Business Purpose and Purchase Date.
- Go to the ‘Reports’.
- Click the ‘All Folders’, then Click the ‘SalesTrip Reports’.
- Click the ‘Expense with Opportunity Stage’.
- Users can see the existing reports and customize the reports based on their needs.
- Users can view the Pie chart, containing the ‘Sum of Amount To Reimburse’ based on the Opportunity Stage.
- Users can see the Opportunity Name with the Stage along the count.
Want to Share Reports with Users:
- Initially System Administrator can have access to this Report folder.
- Go to the ‘Reports’ tab.
- Click the ‘All Folders’.
- On the right hand side , click the down triangle button.
- Click the Share.
- Select the Share With -1. Users 2. Roles 3. Roles & Subordinates 4. Public Groups
(In this Example, Users is selected)
- Enter the User’s Name (E.g Standard User).
- Give the Access. (E.g. View).
- Click the ‘Share’ (Please ensure to click the Share button).
- Click Done.